ES Subscribers can access advice from the ES Consultants between 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am – 3.30 pm, Fridays (AEST). Advice is accessible by phone, email and through the live chat function on this site. Enquiries should be directed to ES via the nominated contacts for a subscription.
Subscribers can receive up to 15 minutes of advice per enquiry on matters such as:
Award interpretation matters pursuant to your nominated modern awards, examples being:
- Confirming correct classifications and rates of pay
- Clarifying paid and unpaid leave entitlements and public holiday entitlements
- Confirming which penalty rates apply to which hours of work and how those rates are calculated
- Clarifying the application and amount of relevant allowances
- Understanding ordinary hours of work and meal break obligations
- Clarifying when overtime applies and what penalty rate is payable
Issues requiring strategic/specialized assistance, including:
- Performance management processes and disciplinary action (i.e. addressing underperformance and the issuing of warnings)
- Dismissal obligations and appropriate processes leading to termination
- Redundancy processes and obligations when changing the working hours of employees
- Managing staff complaints or grievances including investigating and responding to claims of harassment etc.
- Managing staff absenteeism, extended sick leave periods and or WorkCover periods
- Responding to employee claims via Unions or the FWO regarding concerns about wages and statutory entitlements
Where more than 15 minutes would be required to compile a written response to an emailed query, preliminary advice will be provided by email with more detailed assistance available by phone.
Where advice on a particular issue exceeds the parameters provided for above then the Subscriber will be invoiced for consultancy with a minimum charge of 15 minutes.
Note: Multiple enquiries pertaining to the same issue will be regarded as a single period of advice and charged accordingly.